Toyota uBox Concept Design and Features
Automakers are always looking for the next best thing and Toyota may be on the verge of a breakthrough. Teaming up with graduate students at the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research, the team has developed the Toyota uBox Concept. Designed to cater to the next-generation of drivers, the Toyota uBox is a do-it-all vehicle that employs revolutionary new elements. Take a closer look at the Toyota uBox Concept design and features to see what the new concept may add to the Toyota model lineup in the future.
How Was the Toyota uBox Concept Developed?
A collaboration between Toyota engineers and the Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research, the Toyota uBox Concept is a product of Project Deep Orange. With a goal of immersing students in automotive market research, the design process, the engineering and manufacture of a new vehicle, Deep Orange led to the development of innovative new features.
Targeting Generation Z, the new Toyota uBox implements a mobile platform that caters to a variety of lifestyles. While new editions like the 2017 Toyota Highlander build on already successful platforms, the Toyota uBox Concept builds an all-new automotive foundation.
Design, Specs and Features of the Toyota uBox Concept
Designed to cater to a new generation of on-the-go entrepreneurs, the Toyota uBox will double as a mobile office space and recreational vehicle. With an easily-adaptable design, the Toyota uBox can be tailored to fit your needs and lifestyle with an arsenal of new design and engineering techniques. Take a closer look at design, specs and key features of the Toyota uBox Concept.
- A distinct, next-generation exterior design delivers a muscular and athletic style that will provide a way for young drivers of Generation Z to stand out from the crowd and make the Toyota uBox their own.
- Inside the Toyota uBox, you will discover a versatile interior that can be reconfigured with ease. A low load floor and high ceiling will be ideal for operating a business, moving bulky cargo and much more. Removable seats on sliding tracks allow you to configure seating to fit your needs.
- Several interior accents and display features can be personalized and manufactured with 3-D printing. This will allow drivers of the Toyota uBox Concept to share design ideas through an online community.
- Under the hood, the Toyota uBox employs a dual-purpose, all-electric powertrain, which will provide an energetic driving experience and a stationary zero-emission energy source. Several 110-volt sockets integrated into the Toyota concept will allow you to power consumer electronics, tools and more no matter where you may be.
- A new design technique was implemented in the Toyota uBox Concept that employs carbon fiber rails married to aluminum to support a curved glass roof.
Toyota is on the cutting edge of automotive technology and with the unveiling of the next-generation Toyota uBox Concept design and features, it is safe to say that Toyota has broken new ground. A versatile design employs new-age elements and innovative features that cater to the next-generation of car shoppers. Stay tuned into the J. Pauley Toyota Blog for more information on Toyota concepts.